What are the benefits of timber frame?
Compared to conventional brick and block standards of buildings, timber frame construction has considerable practical advantages:
• Significantly higher thermal efficiency
• Fast track quality construction
• Accuracy of construction
• Up to 50% reduction in construction time
• Improved health and safety practices
• Typically 11% savings on overall build costs
The unique structural and aesthetic qualities of wood offer so many creative opportunities to architects and specifiers. No other construction material can boast a comparable history and diversity of modern applications.
Environmental considerations and ongoing R&D will continue to reinforce timber technology as a premier material in the design of modern buildings.